broccoli + blue cheese frittata
A lovely creamy rich broccoli and blue cheese frittata using the very creamy jersey royal potatoes, easy and yummy. This is almost not a recipe it is so short, but packed with umami.
- 5 eggs
- 150g new potatoes
- 180g broccoli florets
- 50g roquefort (or any strong blue cheese)
- 30ml oil for cooking (I used rapeseed)
- The potatoes and the broccoli both need to be cooked in advance, so half the potatoes and put into a pan of cold water, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, then add in the broccoli florets or steam them on top for a few minutes.
- Heat your grill to medium high.
- Add the oil to a deep frying pan, whisk the eggs, season well, and pour in when the oil is hot. Leave them for a minute then layer in the potatoes and broccoli, and let cook for about ten minutes.
- Sprinkle little cubes of cheese on top, put under the grill and cook until browned and bubbling.
- Perfect with a green salad dressed simply with lemon juice.