Spring green pasta
A very simple Spring vegetable pasta
- 150g pasta (I used brown rice pasta)
- A courgette
- 80g garden peas
- A bunch of broccoli spears
- A lemon
- 50ml olive oil
- Lots and lots of black pepper
- Slice the courgette, heat up a tablespoon of oil and fry the courgette slowly until golden on both sides. This is the slowest bit of the cooking.
- Cook the pasta, throwing in the peas and broccoli for the last three minutes, then drain. Mix through the oil, grate in the zest of the lemon and squeeze in the juice. Add in lots and lots of black pepper. here it is not a seasnoning but part of the flavour of the dish.
- Mix in the courgette and enjoy warm. For a little extra saltiness to balance the creamy cougetter flavour crumble on some feta or blue cheese.
This dish really is simple to make, and it can take loads of black pepper, so it is all down to personal taste. For me, the more the better...